An Event For the Whole Family
The NXgen Discover Tri is a fun multisport event for kids and parents to enjoy. Here’s everything you need to know…
Absolutely! The Discover Tri program is designed for beginners as a healthy weekend activity for Kids. Our crew and volunteers are onsite ready to assist with any questions and guide them through the swim, ride and run.
The event is not timed and every child receives a medal at the finish – it’s all about the fun experience!
There is the option for children who may be nervous about the swim, ride or run to skip one of the legs. We do encourage them to do the other two however, to get their multi-fun experience.
An Event Guide will be emailed to all families in the fortnight prior to the event with all the information you need to know.
A final Event Update email and text message will also be sent out on the Wednesday prior to the event with any final updates you need to know about.
Our Facebook page will also house regular updates.
If you have any questions in the meantime feel free to give our team a call on 07 3124 6099.
Event Check In will be open on Sunday morning before the event starts. Simply bring a screenshot of your entry confirmation email and you will be good to go.
- Swim cap (we provide this in your event pack)
- Any bike – as long as it is in safe working order
- Helmet – a must
- Covered in shoes
- Drink bottle
A swim suit and some comfy running clothes are all you need.
Absolutely! We are always looking for volunteers to help in a variety of roles:
- Check In – handing out packs
- Transition – helping the kids with their bikes
- Course Marshals – providing direction and cheering on the kids as they go past.
- Finish Line – handing out medals, water and fruit
You can sign up through our volunteer portal here.
Exact start times for each distance will be finalised in the week of the event when we have a clear idea of attendee numbers.
No – this event is designed to encourage participation for all abilities, everyone receives a finisher medal and leaves feeling like a champion.
Bag drop is located in the registration area.
Whether it’s a bike or a trike, as long as it’s in a safe working condition you’re good to go!
Yes, full stop. Safety always comes first.
We understand that your child’s first event can be pretty nerve wracking for parents and the kids.
Our Pinky Starter event (50m Swim, 1km Ride, 350m Run) is designed so that parents and kids can complete the course together.
Each venue has its own space for competitor parking. More details will be included in the Pocket Guide, sent out to families in the week before the event.
To be confirmed.
Entries will close at 9am on the day before the event. Some late entries will be available if numbers permit.
Yes. A One Day Membership is automatically added to your entry if you do not have a Triathlon Australia membership. This covers your insurance for the day.
Our age guides have been created in line with insurance requirements so we do not often allow changes, however if you would like to chat to our team about your circumstances you can call the team on 07 3124 6099.
- Withdrawal 45 days or more out from the event you will receive an 80% refund or 100% credit.
- Withdrawal 14-44 days out from the event you will receive a 50% refund or 100% credit.
- Withdrawal 13 days or less out from the event you will receive no refund and 100% credit of your entry fee.
- Withdrawal 48 hours or less out from the event you will receive no refund or credit of your entry fee.
- Refunds or credits do not apply to items such as merchandise, accommodation, meals, travel and are only applicable to entry fees.
- To receive credit or refund, withdrawals must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Read the fine print by clicking here.